Alex is a member of the firm’s Capital Markets and M&A practice groups. His practice focuses on a variety of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions and general corporate and business matters. He has represented clients in a broad range of industries including the medical device, healthcare, biotechnology, retail and technology industries.
Born in Winston-Salem and raised in Raleigh, Alex is a lifelong North Carolinian. Alex received his J.D. and LL.M. in International and Comparative Law from Duke University. While there Alex served as a staff editor of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy. Prior to attending Duke, Alex graduated magna cum laude from Wake Forest University earning his B.A. with a double major in History and German.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" Mergers & Acquisitions (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake Forest Young Alumni Development Board, Board Member
- Cary Academy Alumni Board, Board President
- Cary Academy Board of Trustees, Board Member
- Poe Health Center Young Professionals Board, Board Member
- Extra Special Super Kids Steering Committee Member