Elizabeth focuses her practice on health care law. She has represented hospitals, health care systems, academic medical centers, physician practice groups, clinical laboratories, and other health care providers in a variety of matters, including corporate and regulatory matters as well as litigation. Elizabeth represents clients in Certificate of Need litigation, involving the development of new health care facilities, the acquisition of major medical equipment, and the development of other new institutional health services. Elizabeth’s experience also includes mergers and acquisitions, fraud and abuse, False Claims Act, telemedicine, HIPAA compliance, Recovery Audit Contractor appeals, general physician contracting, and other health care-related issues.
Elizabeth received her AB from Princeton University in Politics and Economics, and received her JD, cum laude, from the University of Florida, where she served on the Moot Court Executive Board.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" Health Care (2015-2017)
Professional & Community Activities
- North Carolina Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- President (2017-present)
- President-Elect (2016-2017)
- Secretary-Treasurer (2015-2016)
- Board Member (2011-present)
- North Carolina Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association