Jim’s practice covers various aspects of business law, including mergers and acquisitions, financings, private securities offerings, antitrust matters and franchise relationships, for start-ups and seasoned companies.
Jim began his legal practice in 1989 in Silicon Valley where he worked with technology-based companies, venture capital groups and foreign investors. He moved to North Carolina in 1992, and worked with Hunton & Williams corporate law group before joining the firm in 1996.
Jim graduated cum laude from Duke University, and received his J.D. from the University of California, Hastings College of the Law.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Antitrust Law (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Business/Corporate (2016, 2017)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section; Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Antitrust Law Section; Business Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- State Bar of California
- Wake County District Court, Arbitrator