Jimmy's practice focuses on corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations. In addition, he represents both investors and companies in corporate finance transactions. Jimmy has been with the firm since 1980. He is managing partner of the firm.
Jimmy graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his J.D., also from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law (2008-2017)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Mergers & Acquisitions (2006-2013)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business Law (2005, 2006, 2009, 2010); Corporate Counsel (2005, 2013)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Red Cross-Triangle Area Chapter: Past Chairman of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Finance Committee, and Governance Committee