Jeff is a North Carolina Board Certified Specialist in Real Property Law: Business, Commercial, and Industrial Transactions. Jeff practices in all areas of commercial real estate law: buyer and seller representation in real estate purchases and sales (including multi-state, multi-site transactions); borrower and lender representation in commercial loans; zoning, planning and real estate development; loan workouts and modifications; commercial lease drafting and negotiation; tax-deferred exchanges; and title searches and certification. He formerly taught English at Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana and at North Carolina State University in Raleigh.
Jeff graduated summa cum laude from Ohio University with a B.G.S. degree in English. He received his M.A. in English from West Virginia University and his J.D., with honors, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he was a staff member of the North Carolina Law Review.
Awards & Recognitions
- Recognized as a leading Real Estate attorney by Chambers USA (2016-2017)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (2010-2018)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (2010-2017)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Real Estate (2006-2008, 2010-2018)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Real Estate Law (2005, 2013-2015)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake County Real Property Lawyers Association, President 2004
- Volunteer Lawyers’ Program
- North Carolina Land Title Association