Judge Greene joined the firm on January 1, 2003. He was a trial judge in District Court in North Carolina in Harnett, Johnston and Lee Counties for eight years, and served on the North Carolina Court of Appeals for 16 years. He retired as that Court’s Senior Associate Judge on December 31, 2002.
Judge Greene is a regular presenter at legal seminars in the areas of family law and appellate practice.
Within the firm Judge Greene focuses primarily on appellate advocacy, mediation, arbitration, equitable distribution, child custody, and government relations. Judge Greene regularly appears in cases before the North Carolina Court of Appeals and Supreme Court of North Carolina. He is a certified arbitrator and mediator and member of the American Arbitration Association's Commercial Panel of Neutrals.
Judge Greene received his B.A. from East Carolina University, his J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and his Master of Laws from the University of Virginia.
Judge Greene is admitted to practice in all state courts and the United States Supreme Court.
Awards & Recognitions
- North Carolina State Bar – John B. McMillan Distinguished Service Award (2014)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Appellate Practice (2009-2017)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Appellate (2006-2017)
- Named one of Top 100 Super Lawyers in North Carolina (2013-2016)
- Named one of Top 25 Super Lawyers in Raleigh (2014)
Professional & Community Activities
- Member, North Carolina Courts Commission (2008-2013)
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- Judicial District 15-B Bar (Orange and Chatham counties)
- North Carolina State Bar
- Advisory member of the Authorized Practice and Ethics Committees of the North Carolina State Bar Council (2015-2016)