PJ focuses his practice in the areas of civil and commercial litigation, representing clients both in the trial and appellate courts. PJ received his J.D. with high honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is a member of the Order of the Coif. While at Chapel Hill, he was a published member of the North Carolina Law Review, competed with the UNC Broun National Trial Team, and served as a student-clerk to both the Honorable Wallace W. Dixon of the Middle District of North Carolina, and the Honorable Robin E. Hudson of the North Carolina Supreme Court.
Prior to joining the firm, PJ worked for the North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers (now North Carolina Advocates for Justice), Congressman Brad Miller, and the North Carolina Sustainable Energy Association. PJ received his B.A. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
PJ is admitted to practice before all state courts in North Carolina, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among Benchmark Litigation “Future Stars” (2015-2017)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Business Litigation (2012, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Young Guns (2015-2017)
Professional & Community Activities
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association