Todd’s practice is focused on corporate law, securities law and mergers & acquisitions, and banking law. He has extensive experience in matters pertaining to bank regulation; regulatory applications; enforcement actions; corporate governance, securities law compliance and reporting; and executive compensation. Todd has served as counsel in connection with over twenty successful charter applications and over forty mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector. He regularly represents issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of equity and debt securities.
Todd received his law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he served as Editor in Chief of the North Carolina Banking Institute. He received his bachelor’s degree and a certificate in markets and management studies from Duke University, where he completed the undergraduate program in three years. Prior to joining the firm, Todd practiced with Gaeta & Eveson, P.A. in Raleigh.
Todd is licensed in North Carolina and New York and is a member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court. He serves as the Banking & Financial Institutions practice group leader and is a member of the firm's Executive Committee.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Banking (2010 - 2016)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America for Banking and Finance Law (2013 - 2018)
- Listed as “Raleigh Best Lawyers Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year” (2014, 2017)
Professional & Community Activities
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- New York Bar
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- Board of Advisors, University of North Carolina School of Law Center for Banking and Finance
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section Task Force on Modernization of North Carolina Banking Law
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, The Raleigh School
- Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee