Zach’s practice is concentrated on technology and corporate transactions, including the licensing and distribution of intellectual property, business process and information technology outsourcing, technology acquisition and development, mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures and general corporate matters. Zach's practice includes the representation of prominent video game and middleware developers on a full range of matters. He has significant experience in sourcing and complex technology transactions. Prior to joining the firm in 2009, Zach practiced in the Raleigh office of Hunton & Williams LLP and the Atlanta office of Alston & Bird LLP.
Zach received his B.A. in Economics from Duke University and received his J.D., magna cum laude, from Tulane University Law School. Zach served as an Assistant Managing Editor for the Tulane Law Review and is a member of the Order of the Coif.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" Information Technology/Outsourcing (2009), Intellectual Property (2010, 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business (2013, 2016); Intellectual Property (2014)
Professional & Community Activities
- North Carolina State Bar
- State Bar of Georgia
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Volunteer Judge and Mentor, Wake County Teen Court
- Committee Member, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce Young Professionals Network