Our firm is one of the few firms in North Carolina that provides full-service legal representation in government contracting matters. The principal member of our Government Contracting practice group, Ben Thompson, has 36 years of experience in handling government contracting matters. Our Government Contracting practice area has the expertise and experience to handle the wide variety of issues that face government contractors, including:
- pursuing and defending bid protest actions before the Government Accountability Office and the United States Court of Federal Claims;
- negotiating government contract disputes and pursuing contractor claims before the various Boards of Contract Appeals and the United States Court of Federal Claims;
- pursuing and defending against size protests and other protests before the United States Small Business Administration;
- assisting small businesses, 8(a)-certified companies, HUBZone small businesses, service-disabled veteran-owned small businesses and woman-owned small businesses in navigating the United States Small Business Administration regulations, including regulations regarding size determinations, affiliation issues, and permissible teaming arrangements;
- drafting teaming agreements, joint venture agreements, subcontracts and non-disclosure agreements that address considerations unique to the government contracting field;
- advising purchasers and sellers of government contracting companies regarding the unique issues associated with the purchase and sale of companies holding government contracts, including assisting with the contract novation process under the Federal Acquisition Regulations;
- representing government contractors in suspension and debarment proceedings;
- defending contractors during Inspector General investigations and in actions brought in the United States District Courts pursuant to the False Claims Act;
- advising government contractors as to employment laws uniquely applicable to government contracts, such as the Service Contract Act and the Davis-Bacon Act, and defending contractors in investigations and actions brought under such acts by the United States Department of Labor; and
- assisting companies with questions and disputes related to state and local government procurements.
A partial list of our current government contracting clients includes: Bob Barker Company, Inc.; CaptiveAire, Inc.; Diversified Service Contracting, Inc.; Government Contracting Resources, Inc.; LB&B Associates Inc.; LC Industries, Inc.; Military & Federal Construction Company, Inc.; RLM Communications, Inc.; Saab Barracuda, LLC; USfalcon, Inc.; Waste Industries USA, Inc.; Wells Global, Inc.; and WorldWide Language Resources, Inc.