Director of Professional Development
Wyrick Robbins is seeking a Director of Professional Development. Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer/Executive Director and working in close conjunction with the Firm’s Executive Committee, Practice Group Leaders, and Chair(s) of the Attorney Mentoring and Development Committee, the Director of Professional Development is significantly responsible for professional development of lawyers at the Firm
- Lead the Firm’s efforts in the design, implementation and monitoring of the Firm’s program of attorney professional development.
- Work with the Firm’s Executive Committee and Chair(s) of the Attorney Mentoring and Development Committee in continually identifying and assessing the professional development needs of the Firm’s lawyers as well as experience gaps that may be addressed through professional development and continuing legal education.
- Lead the Firm’s mentorship program, including work with the Firm’s Executive Committee to designate and update mentor assignments and work with the Firm’s Attorney Mentoring and Development Committee to develop and implement mentor training guidelines and initiatives.
- Plan and implement internal training programs and strategies to assist new attorneys with respect to integration within the Firm.
- Participate in exit interviews of departing attorneys to assess reasons for departure and lessons to be learned from same.
- Assist the Firm’s Executive Committee, Practice Group Leaders, mentors and mentees with respect to mentoring, performance issues, coaching and career development guidelines. and provide timely feedback to the appropriate parties (for example, to the Firm’s Managing Partner for use in annual reviews).
- Attend Firm meetings that involve the responsibilities described above and serve as a member of any Firm committee whose function affects these responsibilities.
Education, Qualifications and Skills
- Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree required, and a J.D. degree is preferred, with at least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience with a law firm or other legal professional service organization.
- Practical experience in attorney professional development and in curriculum development.
- Ability to identify creative opportunities to enhance Firm processes.
- A high level of professionalism and interpersonal skills so as to be able to work well with employees at all levels within and outside of the organization and maintain all information in the strictest of confidence.
- Ability to balance multiple projects with strong time management skills.
While some remote work will be permitted, candidates should be willing to spend most of their time working in the Firm’s office in Raleigh, North Carolina.
About Wyrick Robbins
Wyrick Robbins is a full-service law firm with a collaborative culture and a focus on growth-oriented businesses. We handle financial and corporate transactions, commercial litigation, and other legal needs for a diverse range of clients. Our experience and knowledge of our clients’ businesses and industries also enable our firm to serve as trusted advisers to founders, investors, directors, and management.
- Cover letter
We encourage you to learn more about the people, practice areas, and commitments that make us unique.