Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer
Wyrick Robbins is a well-established Raleigh law firm with 100+ attorneys and collegial atmosphere. We are seeking an exceptionally bright and tech savvy candidate to join our team. This role provides administrative support to our Chief Operating Officer with a wide range of administrative and firm-related tasks. Given the role’s nature and exposure, the ideal candidate will have refined interpersonal skills, gravitas and trustworthiness. This position will interact with every area of the firm while providing critical support to the COO.
- Coordinate and maintain the COO’s calendars and effectively manage all scheduled activities including scheduling conference calls through Zoom and/or Teams and coordinating on-site meetings and luncheons with Office Services when necessary for catering.
- Collect and organize all COO firm committee meeting materials.
- Coordinate regular reporting received by the COO from areas of the firm involved with firm operations.
- Ability to synthesize and summarize data used when preparing various reports.
- Assist in the coordination of information gathered from the CFO and the prepared materials related to the annual year-end compensation discussion, the annual attorney reviews, and the partner consideration and tier movement materials received from others.
- Support Executive Committee initiatives.
- Provide onboarding attorney information to HR and Billing.
- Assist in ad-hoc reporting and special projects.
- Review current policies and procedures in multiple areas (e.g., HR, IT) and assist with creating or updating policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Track attorney childbirth/adoption and childcare leave credit for year-end reporting purposes.
- Maintain client instructions for departing attorneys and coordinate with Records Specialist.
- Maintain space documents which include leases, expansion and/or upfit costs and year-end true-up costs from landlord.
- Assist in the creation/modification of presentations, spreadsheets and other materials and correspondence.
- Develop and maintain a contract database.
- Create, manage and maintain electronic and hardcopy files for COO.
- Preparation of annual renewal applications for business owners, cyber, employment practices, fiduciary liability and workers compensation insurance.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion at all times.
Requirements and Expectations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 5 years of previous work experience as a legal, administrative or executive assistant, preferably in a law firm, or relevant experience in a professional services organization.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills with close attention to detail.
- Advanced working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook). Solid intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Word are a must. Highly proficient in using PDF manipulation software (i.e., PDF Docs, Adobe).
- Experience and proficiency in use of technology (e.g., scanning, ShareFile, DocuSign, Workshare Compare or similar application to assist with proofing, tracking and comparing document revisions from multiple contributors.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, leverage technology to gain maximum efficiency, and continually adapt to ever changing priorities and ever evolving technology in a fast-paced work setting.
- Experience using a document management system preferred (e.g., iManage). Experience with Elite 3E is a plus.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to coordinate multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proactive, positive, energetic and hard-working team player with a strong client service mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of firm personnel and clients.
- Possess a high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. This position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Available to work 37.5 hours per week to be scheduled between 8:30am – 6:00pm (Preferably 9:00am – 5:30pm) Monday-Friday, with overtime when necessary.
- Moderate motor coordination to function effectively in an indoor professional office work environment requiring frequent and prolonged sitting, standing, repetitive finger motion, computer and phone usage and routine walking, bending, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
About Wyrick Robbins
Wyrick Robbins is a commercial law firm with a focus on growth-oriented businesses and various financial organizations that provide capital to such businesses. Its clients are local, regional, national and global, and range from start-up and early-stage technology companies to established growth companies, both privately-owned and publicly-held. The firm handles financial and corporate transactions, commercial litigation and other legal needs of these businesses.
- Cover letter
We encourage you to learn more about the people, practice areas, and commitments that make us unique.