Legal Administrative Assistant – Capital Markets/Banking & Financial Institutions
This role provides administrative support to multiple attorneys, including our Managing Partner, and a paralegal. This is an administrative position and does not include paralegal responsibilities. This position is 100% onsite in Raleigh, NC. Our COVID office protocols require vaccination; reasonable accommodations will be considered.
- Produce, revise and manage legal documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF Docs, including proofing EDGARized documents being filed with the SEC. (Heavy word processing.)
- Order/File documents with the NC Secretary of State
- Organize documents into accurate formats and in specific order according to practice area procedures.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the attorneys’ practices taking initiative and using sound, independent judgment.
- Establish and maintain attorneys’ files in accordance with firm guidelines.
- Manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Run conflict checks, open new matters.
- Enter, revise and finalize time entries and work with firm Billing Department on billing matters. Dictation and time entry for select attorneys.
- Maintain Outlook calendars, including adding/maintaining contacts for select attorneys. Book travel. Coordinate onsite meetings and luncheons and work with Office Services when necessary for catering.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed.
Requirements and Expectations
- Bachelor’s degree preferred and a minimum of 2 years of previous work experience as a legal, administrative or executive assistant, preferably in a law firm, or relevant experience in a professional services organization.
- Knowledge of Capital Markets/Banking & Financial Institutions practice areas preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, and Outlook). Solid intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Word are a must. (Heavy formatting, word processing)
- Highly proficient in using PDF manipulation software (i.e., PDF Docs, Adobe).
- Experience and proficiency in use of technology to support practice group efforts (e.g., scanning, ShareFile, DocuSign, Workshare Compare or similar application to assist with proofing, tracking and comparing document revisions from multiple contributors.)
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, leverage technology to gain maximum efficiency, and continually adapt to ever changing priorities and ever evolving technology in a fast-paced work setting.
- Experience using a document management system preferred (e.g., iManage). Experience with 3E, Elite or FileTrail is a plus.
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented. Strong proofreading skills.
- Proactive, positive, energetic and hard-working team player with a strong client service mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of firm personnel and clients.
- Ability to demonstrate grace under pressure during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in giving out information and in referring and directing callers and visitors. Maintain confidentiality at the highest level and handle confidential matters discreetly.
- Available to work 37.5 hours per week to be scheduled between 8:30am – 6:00pm (Ideally either 8:30am – 5:00pm or 9:00am – 5:30am) Monday-Friday, with overtime when necessary.
About Wyrick Robbins
Wyrick Robbins is a commercial law firm with a focus on growth-oriented businesses and various financial organizations that provide capital to such businesses. Its clients are local, regional, national and global, and range from start-up and early-stage technology companies to established growth companies, both privately-owned and publicly-held. The firm handles financial and corporate transactions, commercial litigation and other legal needs of these businesses.
- Cover letter
We encourage you to learn more about the people, practice areas, and commitments that make us unique.