Legal Administrative Assistant – Family Law
The Legal Administrative Assistant role provides administrative support to multiple attorneys and may also support one or more paralegals. This is an administrative position and does not include paralegal responsibilities.
- Produce, revise and manage legal documents in Microsoft Word, Excel and PDF Docs.
- Organize documents into accurate formats and in specific order according to practice area procedures. (Electronic and physical files)
- Coordinate day-to-day operations of the attorneys’ practices taking initiative and using sound, independent judgment.
- Establish and maintain attorneys’ files in accordance with firm guidelines.
- Enter, revise and finalize time entries and work with firm Billing Department on billing matters.
- Manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment.
- Run conflict checks; open new matters.
- Maintain Outlook calendars; book travel. Coordinate on-site meetings and work with Office Services when necessary for catering.
- Frequent client interaction in person, via email and phone.
- Dictation/Transcription for correspondence for select attorneys.
- Assist with special projects and other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of previous work experience as a legal, administrative or executive assistant, preferably in a law firm or with the judicial system, or relevant experience in a professional services organization.
- Working knowledge of the Family Law practice and familiarity with NC court procedures is strongly preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and proficient in using PDF manipulation software (i.e., Adobe, PDF Docs). Solid intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Word and PDF Docs/Adobe required. (Word processing, formatting, applying and editing styles, document conversions, redlines, troubleshooting formatting/styles issues within documents, etc.)
- Experience and proficiency in use of technology to support practice group efforts (i.e., scanning, ShareFile, DocuSign, Workshare Compare or similar application to assist with proofing, tracking and comparing document revisions from multiple contributors.)
- Experience using a document management system preferred. Experience with Elite or File Trail is a plus.
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, leveraging technology to gain maximum efficiency.
- Proactive, positive, energetic, dependable and hard-working team player. Strong client service mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively interact with all levels of firm personnel and clients.
- Ability to maintain composure and professionalism during stressful situations occurring as a result of workloads and/or deadlines.
- Readily adaptable to changing environments and changing priorities in a fast-paced work setting. Comfortable with flexible work tasks and effectively adjusting to different work styles and expectations of supporting multiple individuals.
- Ability to use diplomacy and discretion in giving out information and in referring and directing callers and visitors.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; accurate use of grammar and good proofreading skills; excellent typing skills.
- Role requires prolonged sitting, standing, bending, twisting, and repetitive manual dexterity for using computer keyboard/mouse/screen throughout the workday. Using audio/visual skills, reading, interpreting and following instructions, communicating with others verbally and in writing. Lifting up to a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Available to work 37.5 – 40.0 hours per week, Monday – Friday, with overtime when necessary. (Overtime is a rare occurrence.)
- Our COVID office protocols require vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
About Wyrick Robbins
Wyrick Robbins is a commercial law firm with a focus on growth-oriented businesses and various financial organizations that provide capital to such businesses. Its clients are local, regional, national and global, and range from start-up and early-stage technology companies to established growth companies, both privately-owned and publicly-held. The firm handles financial and corporate transactions, commercial litigation and other legal needs of these businesses.
- Cover letter
We encourage you to learn more about the people, practice areas, and commitments that make us unique.