Paralegal – Corporate Practice Area
Wyrick Robbins is currently looking for two Corporate Paralegals for its busy Corporate Practice. One of these openings is more heavily involved in Mergers & Acquisitions work. Reporting directly to assigned Partners and Associates, the Corporate Paralegal will assist lawyers in all stages of corporate transactions with the preparation of documents necessary to comply with federal, state and local regulations in the conduct of business activities. Fast-paced learning environment with hands-on training opportunities.
- Assist with entity formations, preparing drafts of corporate organization documents and other integral corporate documents/materials; state filings; entity governance and compliance.
- Work directly with attorneys and clients during closings and corporate transactions; including mergers, acquisitions and commercial loan closings.
- Prepare stock certificates and documents related to equity financing.
- Prepare audit letters for distribution to auditors and clients.
- Prepare/conduct UCC Filings and searches
- Perform research and due diligence processes.
- Capture all time entries in the Firm’s time-keeping application on a daily basis.
- Flexibility for overtime and weekend work on occasion.
- Ideal candidate will be an exceptionally bright, enthusiastic, and highly motivated individual.
- Minimum 2 years of prior work experience as a paralegal in a corporate practice group in a law firm setting, in-house corporate legal department, or relevant business experience highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree. ABA approved Paralegal Certificate preferred.
- Knowledge of Corporate Practice Area strongly preferred.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), PDFDocs (or other PDF manipulation software), ShareFile, DocuSign, Elite, iManage and the ability to quickly learn any additional applications relevant to the role to effectively support and maintain the Firm’s Corporate Practice Group.
- Strong drafting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including solid grammar skills; strong attention to detail; exceptional proofreading skills.
- Exceptionally well organized and detail oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Ability to track and meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Adaptable to ever changing priorities in a dynamic work setting. Able to troubleshoot issues and develop creative solutions. Possess strong project management skills.
- Proactive, positive, energetic and hardworking team player. Strong client service mentality.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to professionally interact with attorneys, staff, and clients.
- Maintain composure. Ability to professionally and constructively handle challenges that may arise from time to time with the work, work processes, dealings with other personnel, and supervision provided.
- Availability to work weekdays between 8:30am – 6:00pm, with overtime as needed.
- Moderate motor coordination to function effectively in an indoor professional office work environment requiring frequent and prolonged sitting, standing, repetitive finger motion, computer usage and routine walking, bending, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
- Our COVID office protocols require vaccination. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
About Wyrick Robbins
Wyrick Robbins is a commercial law firm with a focus on growth-oriented businesses and various financial organizations that provide capital to such businesses. Its clients are local, regional, national and global, and range from start-up and early-stage technology companies to established growth companies, both privately-owned and publicly-held. The firm handles financial and corporate transactions, commercial litigation and other legal needs of these businesses.
- Cover letter
We encourage you to learn more about the people, practice areas, and commitments that make us unique.