Reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer, the Senior Accountant is an integral member of the accounting team and supports the firm’s financial processes and business activities. We’re looking for an energic, team-focused individual who is excited to be part of a team while also able to work independently. This is a fast-paced environment. This is not a remote position.
- Responsible for trust accounting including annual letters
- Backup for Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Prepare information for tax return
- Compile census data for 401(k) Plan; Work with recordkeeper on Form 5500; Organize 401k Audit
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare financial information for Managing Partner’s presentation at the attorney retreat
- Prepare Budget; Prepare Quarterly forecast/projections
- Fund payroll, Flex Spending; Record appropriate journal entries into general ledger
- Monitor bank account activity; upload positive pay files
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Business or Finance
- Working knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to maintain confidential information with the utmost professional discretion
- The successful candidate will pay meticulous attention to details, have excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Must meet deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to professionally interact with others
- Experience and proficiency in the use of technology to support Accounting Department efforts. Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office (i.e., Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint), PDF Docs or Adobe, Thomson Reuters Elite 3E and iManage experience is a plus
- Availability to work weekdays between 8:30am – 5:30pm, with overtime as needed
- Moderate motor coordination to function effectively in an indoor professional office work environment requiring frequent and prolonged sitting, standing, repetitive finger motion, computer usage and routine walking, bending, reaching and lifting up to 20 pounds.
About Wyrick Robbins
Wyrick Robbins is a commercial law firm with a focus on growth-oriented businesses and various financial organizations that provide capital to such businesses. Its clients are local, regional, national and global, and range from start-up and early-stage technology companies to established growth companies, both privately-owned and publicly-held. The firm handles financial and corporate transactions, commercial litigation and other legal needs of these businesses.
- Cover letter