Tara Cho and Wesley Gelb recognized as Board Certified Specialists
Wyrick Robbins is pleased to announce that Tara Cho and Wesley Gelb were recently recognized by the North Carolina State Bar as Board Certified Specialists in Privacy & Information Security Law and Family Law respectively. The North Carolina State Bar, an agency of the State of North Carolina, certifies lawyers as specialists in designated practice areas as a service to the public. The program assists members of the public in the selection of legal counsel by identifying lawyers who have demonstrated special knowledge, skill, and proficiency in certain areas of law. The program also gives lawyers a credible way of making their expertise known to the public and other lawyers.
Tara and Wes join seven other Board Certified Specialists at Wyrick Robbins:
To be certified as a board certified specialist in a practice area, a lawyer must:
- Be an active member in good standing with the North Carolina State Bar for at least five years,
- Devote at least 25% of his or her practice to the specialty during the past five years (substantial involvement),
- Attend continuing legal education (CLE) seminars in the specialty,
- Be favorably evaluated by other lawyers and judges (peer review), and
- Pass a written examination in the specialty practice area.
Certification is granted for a period of five years. To maintain certification, a lawyer must again demonstrate that he or she is substantially involved in the practice area; attend CLE seminars in the practice area; and be favorably evaluated by peers.