Carolyn focuses her practice on commercial finance and mergers and acquisitions. She represents borrowers and lenders across a broad industry range in a variety of loan transactions, including acquisition financing, syndicated credit facilities, cash flow and asset based loans and intercreditor arrangements. Carolyn joined the firm in 1986.
Carolyn received her B.A. from Indiana University where she graduated with high distinction and was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. She received her J.D. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where she was a member of the North Carolina Law Review.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Securities/Capital Markets Law (2014-2019)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section, Section Council Member (2012-2015) and Business Forms Initiative Chair
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, Executive Women’s Group
- Eyes Ears Nose and Paws (EENP): Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Finance Committee (2012-2013)