Dean practices in the area of health care law. Dean's practice is focused on providing legal and business advice to hospitals and medical staffs, physicians and their practices, pharmaceutical companies, long-term care facilities, DME providers, and other institutional clients. Dean's experience includes issues involving mergers and acquisitions of medical practices, fraud and abuse, clinical trials, peer review, anti-trust, certificate of need, HIPAA compliance and other health care-related issues.
Dean completed his undergraduate and graduate studies at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, receiving a Ph.D. in Molecular and Cellular Pathology. Dean received his J.D., summa cum laude, from Marquette University Law School.
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Health Law Section (former Chair)
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Health Lawyers' Association
- North Carolina Society of Health Care Attorneys (Board of Directors)
- Lucy Daniels Center for Early Childhood (Chair, Board of Directors)
- Southern Foodways Alliance (Board of Directors)