Chris's practice focuses on seed and venture capital financings, private placements, mergers & acquisitions, and intellectual property protection and licensing, primarily for clients in the software, electronics, life sciences, and medical device industries. He joined the firm in 1992 and has worked extensively with technology-based companies in the Research Triangle Park. Prior to that time, Chris practiced at Wilson, Sonsini, Goodrich & Rosati, the largest law firm in Silicon Valley, where he worked with various technology-based companies.
He graduated from the University of Virginia, receiving his B.A., with honors, and from Harvard Law School, receiving his J.D., cum laude.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law, Information Technology Law, Securities/Capital Markets Law, Venture Capital Law (2007-2019); Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2014-2019)
- Listed as "Raleigh Best Lawyers Corporate Law Lawyer of the Year" (2019)
- Listed as "Raleigh Best Lawyers Venture Capital Law Lawyer of the Year" (2014, 2016)
- Listed as “Raleigh Best Lawyers Securities/Capital Markets Law Lawyer of the Year” (2013, 2015)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Business/Corporate (2006-2018)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Corporate (2014)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Innovate Raleigh, Advisory Board Member