PJ focuses his practice on complex commercial and civil litigation and regularly represents clients at both trial and appeal. PJ has tried both jury and bench trials in North Carolina courts, has tried cases before the American Arbitration Association and the North Carolina Office of Administrative Hearings, and has argued before the North Carolina Business Court and the North Carolina Court of Appeals. His commercial practice includes defending companies against class action claims as well as representing both plaintiffs and defendants in cases involving contractual disputes, intra-corporate disputes, unfair and deceptive trade practices, embezzlement, breach of fiduciary duty, and derivative claims. PJ’s clients cover a wide array of substantive areas and include companies from the financial services, health care, emerging growth, and franchise industries. PJ also represents individuals in trust and estate matters, including but not limited to will/trust disputes and real property disputes.
PJ received his J.D. with high honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, is a member of the Order of the Coif, and is a published member of the North Carolina Law Review. PJ is admitted to practice before all state courts in North Carolina, the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Middle Districts of North Carolina, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among Benchmark Litigation “Future Stars” (2015-2019)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Business Litigation (2012, 2013, 2015-2019)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Young Guns (2015-2018); Litigation (2019)
- Graduate and Class Speaker, Leadership Raleigh, 2016
Professional & Community Activities
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Raleigh Moravian Church, Board Member