Maria was born and raised in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. Maria attended Jacksonville University, in Jacksonville Florida, for undergraduate school and majored in Political Science and Communications, with a minor in Spanish. Following her undergraduate studies, Maria moved back to North Carolina for law school and graduated from Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law in 2012. While at Campbell, Maria found her passion for litigation on the Mock Trial Team and received an Order of the Barristers Award, recognizing outstanding performance in the art of advocacy. Dedicating her practice exclusively to family law, she truly enjoys practicing law and providing her clients with passionate and zealous representation.
Maria is an active member of Wake Women Attorneys, the North Carolina Bar Association, and coaches mock trial teams for Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law. In her free time, Maria enjoys spending time with her husband and children, watching sports (especially her hometown Tarheels), and being active outdoors.
- Campbell University School of Law, J.D., Focus in Advocacy
- Honors: Order of the Barristers Award recognizing outstanding performance in the art of advocacy
- Jacksonville University, Jacksonville, Florida, B.S., magna cum laude
- Honors: Communication Department Leader of the Year
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers"Rising Stars" (2020)
Professional & Community Activities
- Tenth Judicial District and Wake Country Bar
- NC Bar Association, Family Law Council (2019-2020)
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice
- North Carolina Association of Women Attorneys, Board Member (2019-2020)
- Lawyer on the Line Volunteer for Legal Aid of North Carolina
- Mock Trial Team Coach, Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law