Rob's practice focuses on a variety of corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate financings and general corporate and business matters across a broad range of industries. Rob has represented both lenders and borrowers in debt financings, including syndicated credit facilities, acquisition financings, cash flow and asset-based financings and mezzanine financings. In addition, he has represented clients on a variety of environmental issues, including environmental due diligence and underground storage tank compliance. Rob began his legal career in New Bern, NC, where he practiced environmental law, drafted construction contracts, and represented clients in general civil litigation.
Rob graduated from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the Syracuse University College of Law. Rob was an Editor of the Syracuse Law Review and is a member of the Order of the Coif.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Banking and Finance Law (2014-2020)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Environmental (2014); Bankruptcy (2014); Business (2015, 2019)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Section of Business Law; Section of Environment, Energy, and Resources
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section; Environment, Energy and Natural Resources Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Syracuse University Law Alumni Association, Board Member