Our Commercial Real Estate Practice Group is experienced and skilled in all types of commercial real estate transactions. We provide the practical legal advice and targeted services our clients need, including:
- Structuring and closing purchase, sale, and refinance transactions of all types—everything from raw land (including assembling multiple parcels) to office buildings, shopping centers, apartment and condominium projects, large sports arenas, and public entertainment facilities. Our work also includes coordinating complex multi-state, multi-site real estate transactions.
- Structuring and closing real estate development and construction transactions. This work includes negotiating and coordinating zoning, planning, and permitting matters with governmental authorities, construction contracts with contractors and acquisition and development financing with lenders, as well as preparing appropriate declarations of covenants, cross-easements and declarations of condominium.
- Drafting and negotiating commercial leases for both landlord and tenant clients, whether for office, retail, warehouse/flex, or mixed-use. We also assist our clients with lease default and enforcement matters.
- Structuring and closing loans secured by commercial real estate for various lender and borrower clients, including preparation and negotiation of loan documents and coordination of all due diligence matters.
- Structuring of limited liability companies or other joint venture investment entities tailored to the needs of particular individuals and to the realities of particular transactions.
- Advising on municipal, land-use law, and real estate brokerage and licensing issues. Our attorneys appear before local and state governmental boards and administrative and regulatory agencies.
- Assisting our clients with environmental matters including contamination and due diligence in real estate transactions, and assisting lenders with environmental issues.