Amy is a corporate lawyer who serves as the Practice Group Leader of the firm’s M&A practice group. Her practice focuses primarily on transactional work for corporate and private equity clients. Amy represents private equity clients in connection with leveraged acquisitions, divestitures, control and non-control investments, and secondary sale transactions. She represents corporate clients as buyers and sellers in public and private M&A transactions. She also provides advice to corporate clients in connection with corporate governance and general business matters, joint ventures, and executive compensation matters.
Amy has experience in representing financial and strategic parties in a range of industries, including software and technology, education, biotechnology, medical devices, healthcare, financial, packaging, transportation, and services companies.
Amy joined the firm in 2010. She previously practiced in the New York office of Gibson, Dunn & Crutcher LLP and the Chicago office of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP. She has served as a Lecturing Fellow at Duke University School of Law.
Amy received her J.D. and Master of Laws degrees with honors from Duke University School of Law.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business (2024)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2024)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake County Bar Association
- New York State Bar, First Department
- Represented Thermo Fisher in $912.5 million acquisition of a private equity-backed leading provider of regulatory-grade, real-world evidence for approved medical treatments and therapies.
- Represented a leading provider of operations management software for youth sports organizations in its partnership with a growth equity family office.
- Represented executive coaching firm in sale to publicly-traded global strategy implementation firm.
- Served as outside counsel to international nonprofit organization in the acquisition of a market research and consulting firm.
- Represented global provider of data, analytics and insights to the financial services industry in connection in its sale to a global analytics company.
- Served as outside counsel to public global pharmaceutical company in the acquisition of an oncology drug development company.
- Served as counsel to healthcare advertising company in its sale to a leading marketing and communications firm.
- Represented leading risk analytics company in its sale to one of the world’s largest exchange holding companies.
- Represented provider of portfolio management and trading software solutions in its sale to a public fintech services company.
- Represented leading provider of biologic products and assay development and testing services to the biopharmaceutical industry in its acquisition by a private equity firm.
- Served as outside counsel to a public medical device company in the acquisition of a provider of single-use, minimally invasive neurosurgery devices.
- Represented provider of sample and panel platform technology in its sale to the world’s largest sample exchange platform company.