Daniel Axman is a trusts and estates and tax attorney. His practice focuses on advising individuals and families on tax planning, business succession, estate and trust administration, probate, federal and state tax disputes, and charitable planning.
As part of his practice, Daniel has advised families, corporate executives, real estate owners, attorneys, doctors, entrepreneurs, hedge fund and private equity principals, chefs, artists, actors, public charities, private foundations, family-owned businesses, trustees, executors/estates, and many other professionals and organizations.
Daniel earned his J.D. (Dean’s List) and L.L.M. in Taxation from Washington University School of Law. He graduated magna cum laude with a B.S. in Accounting from Binghamton University School of Management. He is licensed to practice in Florida, New Jersey, and New York.
- New York State Bar Association, Estate & Trust Administration Committee
- HIAS, Volunteer Attorney, Representation of refugees
- Fresh Art, Inc., Board Member, Fresh Art, Inc. is a nonprofit that creates artistic and personal development opportunities for disadvantaged and underserved adults in NYC.
- “New York Extends Three Year Add Back Rule Penalizing So-Called Death Bed Gifts,” Client Alert, April 29, 2019
- “New IRS Discharge of Estate Tax Lien Procedure,” Law.com, December 14, 2016
- “Proposed Rules May Drastically Restrict Valuation Discounts For Gifts And Bequests Of Interests In Family Controlled Entities,” Client Alert, August 25, 2016
- “Moved to Florida, but still can’t let go of New York – Will your estate be subject to New York estate tax?” Lexology, April 11, 2016
- “2015 Estate, Gift and Tax Updates,” WestLegaled, speaker, December 2015
- “IRS Eases Administrative Oversight of ABLE Accounts,” Lexology, December 3, 2015
- “Receiving a deduction for your charitable contribution on giving Tuesday,” Lexology, December 1, 2015
- “Florida Becomes the 36th State to Allow Same-Sex Marriage,” CS Blog, January 7, 2015
- “Cutting Edge Topics in Estate Planning,” Brooklyn Bar Association, speaker, January 2015
- “ABLE Accounts for Disabled Individuals – Senate is now ABLE to Act,” CS Blog, December 8, 2014
- Same Sex Marriage: Changing Tides in the U.S., and the Impact on Estate Planning,” WestLegaled, speaker, October 2014