Jessica joined the firm in 2013 and limits her practice to exclusively family law matters. Her practice includes all aspects of North Carolina family law litigation and mediation, including child custody and support, equitable distribution, post-separation support and alimony, premarital agreements, separation agreements, postnuptial agreements, divorce, and appeals.
Jessica received a Bachelor of Arts in History from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, graduating Phi Beta Kappa. She obtained her Juris Doctor from the Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law at Campbell University, graduating magna cum laude. While in law school, Jessica served as the Chief Comments Editor of the Campbell Law Review and received the J. Stanley McQuade Excellence in Leadership & Academic Scholarship Award. Jessica’s mock trial team brought a national championship to Campbell Law by winning the South Texas Mock Trial Challenge. Individually, Jessica was named a Top 10 Advocate in the Preliminary Rounds and the Best Advocate in the Championship Round. As a result of her demonstrated courtroom advocacy, Jessica was awarded the Student Advocate Award by the International Academy of Trial Lawyers and was inducted as a member of the Order of Barristers.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Family Law (2020); Young Guns (2015, 2020)
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association (NCBA), Family Law Section
- NCBA Communications Committee, Co-chair
- Wake County Bar Association (WCBA)
- WCBA Public Service Committee, member
- Avoiding Wonderland: Clarifying Marriage Requirements in North Carolina, 35 Campbell L. Rev. 189, 227 (2013)
- “Family Law Update,” North Carolina Advocates for Justice Annual Convention, 2014-2016
- “Recent Developments in Family Law,” The Annual Festival of Legal Learning presented by the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 2012-2018
- "Contempt in North Carolina," Family Law Basics CLE, North Carolina Bar Association, November 2018