Katie is a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation practice group. She handles complex commercial litigation in federal and state courts, and before arbitration tribunals. Katie’s experience includes representing clients in disputes involving financial services and products, commercial contract breaches, business torts, employment disputes, and real property litigation, including class action defense.
Katie received her Bachelor of Science from Davidson College. She received her Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of South Carolina School of Law. Katie began her career at the North Carolina Business Court as a law clerk to the Honorable Gregory P. McGuire, Special Superior Court Judge for Complex Business Cases. Immediately prior to joining the firm, Katie was an Associate in the Charlotte office of Womble Bond Dickinson (US) LLP.
- Board of Directors, JazzArts Charlotte
- Pro Bono Volunteer Attorney, Legal Aid of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association, Antitrust and Complex Business Disputes Section
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Co-presenter, Moving On is Easy; Letting Go is Hard: Developments in Non-Competition, Non-Solicitation, and Non-Disclosure Agreements, North Carolina Bar Association, Antitrust and Complex Business Disputes Section, Annual Meeting, February 2019