Matt regularly represents clients in M&A transactions and corporate financings, in addition to advising clients on board matters and general corporate governance issues. He represents both public and private companies in industry fields ranging from biotech to construction and services-based companies.
Matt attended Wofford College and graduated magna cum laude with a B.A. in Government and a minor in History. Matt received his law degree from the University of South Carolina School of Law, where he was a member of the South Carolina Law Review. Prior to joining the firm, Matt practiced in Columbia, South Carolina and focused his practice primarily on litigation, which now provides a unique perspective on corporate law.
Matt is admitted to practice in North Carolina and South Carolina.
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Mergers & Acquisitions (2016-2019)
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina State Bar
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Represented venture-backed healthcare technology company that designs digital communication and collaboration tools for nurses and nurse leaders in $25 million sale to provider of workforce and provider solutions for the healthcare industry.
- Advised one of the largest franchisees of a nationwide fast food chain in the sale of its operating assets to a private equity buyer.
- Regularly serve as outside counsel to a public biotech company in its acquisition and in-licensing of various product candidates and drug therapies.
- Represented an indoor trampoline park in its simultaneous acquisition of 11 locations in 7 States.