Sean is a member of the firm’s Emerging Companies, Mergers & Acquisitions, and Capital Markets practice groups. He practices in all areas of corporate law, including general corporate matters, company formation and financing, commercial contracts, mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, investment fund formation, and blockchain/fintech initiatives.
Sean earned his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School, where he completed the Doctoroff Business Leadership Program from Chicago Booth and served as student body president. Before attending law school, Sean was a teacher. He taught English in Madrid, Spain through the Fulbright Scholarship Program and U.S. History in Dallas, Texas through Teach for America.
- 2019 North Carolina Pro Bono Honor Society member
- Represent venture capital arm of Fortune 150 pharmaceutical company in ongoing venture fund investments and strategic commercial agreements
- Represent Fortune 200 pharmaceutical company in venture capital financing investments and strategic venture fund partnerships
- Represent local venture capital firm with over $600 million in assets under management in connection with ongoing portfolio company investments
- In 2019, represented three biotech/SaaS startups in Series Seed, Series A, and Series C financings raising a total of $45 million
- Actively involved in North Carolina’s Guardian ad Litem Program, handling at least one appellate case per year
- Volunteer on a bi-monthly basis with Legal Aid of North Carolina’s “Lawyer on the Line” Program