Alex is a member of the firm’s M&A, Capital Markets, and Emerging Growth Companies practice groups. Alex’s practice focuses primarily on advising clients through all stages of M&A transactions on both the buy-side and sell-side. He also provides his corporate clients with general legal advice in connection with corporate governance, commercial contracts, and other general business matters, serving as “outside general counsel” to many of them.
Alex has experience representing clients in a broad range of industries, including biotechnology, software and technology, healthcare, medical devices, document management, government contracting, industrial services and personal services companies.
Alex joined the firm in 2011 after earning his JD and LLM in International and Comparative Law from Duke University. While there, Alex served as a staff editor of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy. Prior to attending Duke, Alex graduated magna cum laude from Wake Forest University, earning his B.A. with a double major in History and German.
Alex was listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" for Mergers and Acquisitions in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" Mergers & Acquisitions (2014-2018)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake Forest Young Alumni Development Board, Board Member
- Cary Academy Alumni Board, Board President
- Cary Academy Board of Trustees, Board Member
- Poe Health Center Young Professionals Board, Board Member
- Extra Special Super Kids Steering Committee Member