Our Healthcare practice group provides an extensive range of services to providers and other entities within the healthcare industry, including hospitals, physician groups, long-term care facilities, diagnostic centers, and surgery centers. We also represent medical billing companies, clinical research organizations, site management organizations, practice management organizations, pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturers, and other healthcare-related entities.
Based upon our representation of these healthcare clients, we have broad experience in day-to-day operational issues as well as in the regulatory, corporate, technological, and financial aspects of the industry. In particular, we have experience assisting healthcare clients in the following areas:
- counseling clients on operational and regulatory issues, including fraud and abuse, provider licensure, reimbursement, certification and accreditation, corporate compliance programs, HIPAA, EMTALA, advance directives, informed consent, anti-discrimination, and accessibility laws;
- advising clients in financing transactions involving public and private offerings of securities by state and local governments and by nonprofit institutions, including hospitals;
- structuring transactions to comply with North Carolina’s certificate of need (CON) laws and litigating CON disputes when necessary;
- advising on medical staff issues, including bylaws and enforcement, staff privileges, physician recruitment, and professional liability;
- litigating complex matters involving healthcare issues, including healthcare fraud and false claims, as well as litigating CON cases before the Office of Administrative Hearings; and
- counseling clients on tax issues faced by for-profit and tax-exempt organizations.
To discuss our Healthcare expertise and services, please contact Frank Kirschbaum at 919.865.1102 or email@example.com.
Related Practice Areas
Every successful business will encounter legal disputes and related challenges. Our Commercial Litigation practice group strives to handle such disputes in the most strategic and efficient manner possible to achieve a positive result for our clients.
For over 40 years, we have helped founders, start-ups, and emerging companies form, finance, and grow their businesses, and have assisted countless angel investors and venture capital firms with their investment activities.
Privacy & Data Security
The rapid proliferation of security threats, technology innovation, and privacy laws demands a legal team with deep and varied expertise. Our team represents diverse clients from a variety of industries, such as finance and banking, retail, healthcare, pharmaceutical and life sciences, technology, insurance, manufacturing, academia, and nonprofits, including emerging companies.