Our Licensing & Technology Transactions practice group represents growth-oriented and technology-based companies of all sizes that seek to acquire, license, develop, commercialize, monetize, or otherwise exploit intellectual property or technology. We have broad and deep business, technical, and transaction-specific experience in:
- medical devices;
- digital health;
- cloud computing;
- data analytics;
- social media;
- consumer products;
- semiconductors; and
- alternative energy.
Our clients include large multinational and other publicly-traded companies, well-established privately-held businesses, start-ups, emerging ventures, venture capital and private equity firms, and university spin-outs.
We help structure, negotiate, and implement a wide variety of complex corporate partnerships, collaborations, licenses, joint ventures, and other intellectual property-, technology-, or product-based transactions, including:
- development/commercialization licenses for development-stage products;
- platform technology collaborations for the discovery/characterization of new products;
- research and option agreements for early-stage technologies;
- licenses with universities and other nonprofit institutions;
- SaaS relationships for technology infrastructure;
- product financing transactions;
- cross-border collaborations to exploit overseas markets;
- marketing/distribution relationships for consumer products;
- diagnostic/analytical services partnerships; and
- product-, field-, and technology-specific spin-offs and restructurings.
We are frequently involved in cross-border transactions, including most major Asian and European markets, and we also help negotiate commercial contracts, with particular expertise in those that are industry- or technology-specific.
Wyrick Robbins is consistently top-listed in North Carolina for Biotechnology Law by Best Lawyers in America, and our practice group’s attorneys are regularly recognized by Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Asset Management, Business North Carolina’s Legal Elite, and North Carolina Super Lawyers.
To discuss our Licensing & Technology Transactions expertise and services, please contact Jason Wood 919.865.1116 or firstname.lastname@example.org.