Without knowledgeable guidance, no significant business can survive, much less thrive, in today’s reality of pervasive regulation. Our Environmental, Regulatory & Administrative Law practice group includes attorneys with extensive experience in a wide variety of issues, including:
- representing clients before North Carolina’s Office of Administrative Hearings, U.S. EPA, various professional boards, and in the federal and state civil and appellate courts;
- conducting due diligence in commercial and real estate transactions, and structuring transactions to manage the risks found;
- overseeing removal and remediation, when required;
- advising clients on compliance and compliance-related issues;
- assisting clients in securing required permits and franchises;
- addressing environmental issues for lenders and in the lending context;
- handling matters before the North Carolina Utilities Commission; and
- advising clients on renewable and clean energy issues and transactions.
Our team leader, Grady Shields, has practiced environmental law in North Carolina for over 30 years and is past Chair of the North Carolina Bar Association’s Environment, Energy & Natural Resources Section. He is the Executive Editor of the North Carolina Bar Association Foundation’s North Carolina Environmental Law Desk Manual, and co-authored the North Carolina Chapter of the American Bar Association’s Brownfields Guide.
To discuss our Environmental, Regulatory & Administrative Law expertise and services, please contact Grady Shields at 919.865.1109 or firstname.lastname@example.org.