Charles is a trial attorney whose practice focuses on prosecuting and defending complex commercial litigation and the defense of professionals in malpractice actions. His experience includes representation of clients in disputes involving closely held corporations, commercial contract breaches, business torts and products liability matters. He has represented clients as lead counsel through all stages of litigation, including trial and appeal, in North Carolina’s courts, as well as in matters before the American Arbitration Association. He also has significant experience representing medical professionals before state licensing boards.
He is admitted to practice before all of North Carolina’s Federal District Courts and the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals. Prior to joining the firm in 2007, Charles was a partner at a Raleigh law firm where he practiced for 13 years.
Charles received his B.A. in Economics from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor. He received his M.B.A. from Penn State University-University Park and his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Miami School of Law.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Commercial Litigation (2016-2019)
- Listed among Benchmark Litigation “Future Stars” (2014-2018)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Business Litigation (2015-2018)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Litigation (2014)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina State Bar