Whit practices in the area of family law. He is a North Carolina Board Certified Family Law Specialist. He has been with the firm since 1991, and is licensed to practice in all North Carolina state courts and in the federal courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina. Whit has handled family law cases in many North Carolina counties outside of Wake County, including Orange, Chatham, Durham, Forsyth, Cumberland, Moore, Dare, Pitt, and New Hanover counties. Whit is a native of North Carolina.
He attended Yale University and received his B.A from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his J.D., with honors, from the University of North Carolina School of Law, where he served on the North Carolina Journal of International Law & Commercial Regulation and the Moot Court bench.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Family Law (2009-2020)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Family Law (2012-2019)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Family Law (2015)
- 2014 Award for Professional Excellence from the Association for Continuing Legal Education (ACLEA), in Programs category, for seminar The War of the Roses in the Digital Age
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Family Law Section; Litigation Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Family Law Section; Litigation Section
- Family Law Specialty Committee of North Carolina State Bar
- CLE Committee of NCBA Family Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar