David practices in the areas of wealth transfer and estate tax planning, estate and trust administration and asset protection. His experience includes the preparation of complex and simple estate planning documents, representing fiduciaries and beneficiaries in estate and trust administration matters and advising clients of the transfer tax consequences of various wealth transfer and business succession planning transactions. Prior to joining the firm in 2006, David practiced at the law firm of Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP in New York, New York.
David is certified as a Specialist in Estate Planning and Probate Law by the North Carolina State Bar Board of Legal Specialization.
David received his J.D., summa cum laude, from Albany Law School of Union University, where he served as Note and Comment Editor of the Albany Law Review and a chair of the Moot Court Board. David received his M.B.A., with honors, from The College of Saint Rose and his B.A. in political science from Geneseo State University of New York.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers "Rising Stars" Estate Planning & Probate (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Tax/Estate Planning (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law Section
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake County Bar Association
- Wake County Estate Planning Council