Ken practices in the area of corporate and securities law, including company formation, venture capital financings, private placements, public offerings, mergers & acquisitions and strategic partnerships. His practice focuses on technology-related industries, including life sciences and information technology. Ken’s experience includes representing start-up and emerging growth companies, public companies, underwriters and venture capitalists. Ken is the firm's Life Sciences industry team leader and serves on the firm's Executive Committee.
Ken joined the firm in 1998 from New York where he practiced at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison, LLP. Ken graduated with honors and distinction from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania Law School.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Biotechnology Law, Corporate Law, Venture Capital Law (2007-2019); Mergers & Acquisitions Law (2014-2019)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Business/Corporate (2006)
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association, Private Equity and Venture Capital Sections
- North Carolina State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development, Board of Directors
- Co-Chair, CED Biotech Conference 2006
- Carolina Kickstart External Advisory Board
- Coach, UNC Launching the Venture and Research to Revenue Courses