Sean is a member of the firm’s Privacy & Data Security practice group. He counsels clients on the legal obligations and risks associated with the collection, storage, use, and protection of data in their businesses. He has experience with a variety of federal and state privacy and data security laws, including HIPAA, Gramm-Leach-Bliley, the Stored Communications Act, and the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Sean also guides clients through their responses to data breaches and notification obligations. Additionally, he has experience advising on operational, contractual, and notice requirements of international privacy and data security laws and regulations, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
Sean received his J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School, where he was a Victor McQuistion scholar. Sean received his B.A. in Anthropology, with honors and distinction, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Before joining the firm, Sean practiced in the privacy & data security and commercial litigation groups at a North Carolina firm.
- Certified Information Privacy Professional, U.S. (CIPP/US), International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), 2017-Present
Professional & Community Activities
- American Bar Association Litigation Section Privacy & Data Security Committee
- International Association of Privacy Professionals
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina State Bar Association Privacy & Data Security Committee
- Wake County Bar Association