Todd’s practice is focused on banking law, securities law, mergers & acquisitions and corporate law. He has extensive experience in matters pertaining to bank regulation, regulatory applications, enforcement actions, corporate governance, securities law compliance, SEC reporting and executive compensation. Todd has served as counsel in connection with over twenty successful de novo bank formations and over fifty mergers and acquisitions in the financial services sector ranging from small branch purchase transactions to multi-bank holding company formations to $300 million public company mergers. He regularly represents issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of equity or debt securities and has served as primary counsel to over twenty registered public companies in his career.
Todd received his law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of the North Carolina Banking Institute. He received his undergraduate degree and a certificate in markets & management studies from Duke University, where he graduated in three years. Prior to joining the firm, Todd practiced with Gaeta & Eveson, P.A. He is a graduate of Providence Day School and is originally from Charlotte, North Carolina.
Todd serves as the Banking & Financial Institutions practice group leader and is a member of the firm's Executive Committee. He is licensed in North Carolina and New York and is a member of the Bar of the United States Supreme Court.
Awards & Recognitions
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Banking (2010 - 2016)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America for Banking and Finance Law (2013 - 2018)
- Listed as “Raleigh Best Lawyers Banking and Finance Lawyer of the Year” (2014, 2017)
Professional & Community Activities
- North Carolina State Bar
- North Carolina Bar Association
- New York Bar
- North Carolina Bankers Association
- Board of Advisors, University of North Carolina School of Law Center for Banking and Finance
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section Task Force on Modernization of North Carolina Banking Law
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, The Raleigh School
- Duke University Alumni Admissions Advisory Committee