Financial and blockchain technologies bring myriad challenges and opportunities for businesses and their stakeholders. As blockchain evolves, the regulatory environment will be difficult to navigate as data-driven regulations replace the oft vague legacy governance that varies based on geography.
The Wyrick Robbins Blockchain Initiative advises all stages of companies and investors in raising funds and building businesses through blockchain-enabled means, such as initial coin offerings (ICOs). Our attorneys provide counsel well beyond the initial capital raise to build solid companies with sound profit-making strategies.
Leveraging the experience of several practice areas including securities, regulatory, tax, corporate and intellectual property, our team advises clients operating and investing in the blockchain space. We can advise on issues relating to:
- Initial coin offerings (ICOs), token generation events (TGEs), and other blockchain-enabled fundraising methods;
- Regulatory implications of various business models;
- Privacy and data security concerns, including compliance with global regulations, breach response and cyber risk, data analytics, and consumer outreach and marketing;
- Intellectual property protections, licensing and transfers; and
- Tax considerations, including structuring tax-efficient ownership and operating agreements and resolving tax matters with state and federal tax authorities.