Alex advises clients on corporate transactional matters, including advising clients through all stages of M&A transactions on both the buy-side and sell-side. He also provides his corporate clients with general legal advice in connection with entity formation, corporate governance, commercial contracts, and other general business matters, serving as “outside general counsel” to many of them.
Alex has experience representing clients in a broad range of industries, including biotechnology, software and technology, healthcare, medical devices, document management, government contracting, industrial services, and personal services companies.
Alex joined the firm in 2011 after earning his J.D. and LL.M in International and Comparative Law from Duke University. While there, Alex served as a staff editor of the Duke Journal of Constitutional Law & Public Policy. Prior to attending Duke, Alex graduated magna cum laude from Wake Forest University, earning his B.A. with a double major in History and German.
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Stars” Mergers & Acquisitions (2014-2023)
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Cary Academy Alumni Board, Member and Former Board President
- North Carolina State Banking Commission, Commissioner
- Represented investment company in its acquisition of a large-format printer reseller business and the real estate related thereto.
- Served as counsel to national in-home senior care company in its follow-on acquisition of multiple companies to expand into new markets and grow existing market presence.
- Represented investor group in its acquisition of a controlling interest in a data analytics company specializing in providing services to country clubs throughout the country.
- Serve as outside general counsel to international document management and digitization company, including negotiation of customer and vendor contracts.
- Represented public CRO in its sale of a software analytics subsidiary to a similarly situated buyer.
- Served as counsel to investment firm in its acquisition of a mental healthcare practice.
- Represented multi-state in-home senior care company in its sale to global private equity firm.
- Served as counsel to large investment firm in its acquisition of eye care practices and management entities throughout the eastern seaboard.
- Represented healthcare analytics organization in its acquisition of a software company providing an analytics program.
- Represented environmental mitigation and salvage company in the construction industry to its sale to an investment firm.
- Wyrick Robbins Announces Nine New Partners
- 29 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected as North Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2017
- 29 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected as North Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2016
- 29 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected as North Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2015
- 27 Wyrick Robbins Attorneys Selected as North Carolina Super Lawyers and Rising Stars for 2014
Mergers & Acquisitions
Our M&A practice group is composed of experienced transactional attorneys focused on handling the complexities of M&A transactions. We take pride in working closely with our clients at every stage of the process, from pre-transaction preparation and deal structuring in order to maximize value and minimize risk, through due diligence, to drafting and negotiating definitive agreements, and ultimately to closing and post-closing advice.
Our Capital Markets practice group focuses on assisting clients in financing transactions. From start-ups seeking seed or venture capital to larger private and public equity and debt financings, our experience and expertise helps clients close successful deals.
For over 40 years, we have helped founders, start-ups, and emerging companies form, finance, and grow their businesses, and have assisted countless angel investors and venture capital firms with their investment activities.