Andrew advises clients on capital markets transactions and has represented clients in transactions raising in excess of $8 billion in gross proceeds since 2012. His clients include a diverse range of companies and financial institutions. His transactional practice includes representing both public and private companies in equity and debt offerings and restructurings, including initial public offerings, Rule 144A offerings, tender offers, at-the-market offerings, spin-offs, and exchange offers. He also regularly advises public companies on corporate governance, securities laws, stock exchange rules and regulations, and periodic reporting responsibilities. Prior to joining the firm, Andrew practiced as an associate in the Capital Markets group at the global law firm of Jones Day in Cleveland, Ohio.
Andrew earned his J.D., cum laude, from Case Western Reserve University School of Law and his M.B.A. from Case Western Reserve University-Weatherhead School of Management. During law school, Andrew served as a judicial extern to Federal Chief Magistrate Judge Michael R. Merz in Dayton, Ohio. Andrew received his A.B. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill where he majored in both Journalism/Mass Communications and Political Science. He is licensed to practice law in North Carolina and Ohio.
- Represented a global CRO (contract research organization) on its $172.5 million initial public offering of common stock;
- Attend Board and committee meetings of a Maryland-based biopharmaceutical company listed on Nasdaq and represented that company in over public and private offerings totaling over $30 million;
- Represented a Charleston, South Carolina based SaaS software company listed on Nasdaq in public offerings totaling over $510 million of common stock;
- Represented a global CRO (contract research organization) on seven secondary offerings totaling approximately $2.0 billion of common stock;
- Represented a Charleston, South Carolina based SaaS software company listed on Nasdaq in a Rule 144A Offering of Convertible Notes totaling $240 million;
- Represented a Raleigh based bank holding company on its approximately $29 million initial public offering of common stock;
- Represented a global CRO (contract research organization) on its repurchases of over $350 million of common stock; and
- Represented a publicly traded bank holding company in an underwritten public offering of approximately $120 million of common stock.