Anna is the leader of the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Practice Group. Her practice includes acquisition, disposition, investment, development, finance, and leasing transactions for office, multifamily, industrial, retail, and agricultural uses. She also has experience with:
- planned developments, whether for mixed-use, commercial or residential purposes, as well as with declarations of covenants and easements for those developments,
- healthcare real estate development and leasing, including ground leases and space leases for medical office, laboratory or educational purposes, and
- economic development incentive agreements.
Anna graduated Phi Beta Kappa with her B.A. in Economics, with honors, and English, with distinction, from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She also received her J.D., with honors, from the University of North Carolina, where she served as Publication Editor for the Journal of International Law and Commercial Regulation. Anna is licensed to practice in North Carolina and in Georgia.
Anna began her career in the Atlanta office of Powell, Goldstein, Frazer & Murphy, LLP. In Raleigh, Anna was formerly associated with Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, LLP, and then was a partner with Brooks, Pierce, McLendon, Humphrey & Leonard, LLP.
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers Real Estate (2021-2023); “Rising Stars” Real Estate (2012-2017)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Real Estate Law since 2014
- Winner and inducted into the Hall of Fame, Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Real Estate Law (2017)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Real Estate Law (2018-2023)
- NC Bar Association, Real Property Section Council (2015-2017)
- St. Michael’s Episcopal Church, Jr. Warden (2018), Vestry (2016-2018)
- Represented private research university in a series of transactions with major biomedical and multifamily developers for the development and reuse of a historic manufacturing campus as an internationally recognized live-work-play innovation district including more than 1 million square feet under various uses.
- Represented privately-held senior living community developer in $187.5 million asset sale.
- Represented Class A office developer in disposition of $69 million and $73 million office complexes in Cary, NC.
- Represented publicly-traded CRO in negotiation of long-term lease for over 250,000 sf drug development campus.
- Represented publicly-traded Software-as-a-Service company in long-term lease of 90,000 sf Class A office building and in a build-to-suit lease of adjacent 90,000 sf Class A office building, as a headquarters expansion.
- Represented national provider of healthcare for eating disorders in lease of more than 50,000 sf in a suburban office building for conversion to specialty hospital and medical offices.
- Advisor to nationally-ranked academic medical center in medical office leasing and related issues.