Annalise Perry is a member of the firm’s Emerging Companies practice group. Her practice focuses on high-growth businesses, representing both early-stage companies and investors. She advises clients on venture capital and other financings, corporate governance, securities issues, strategic transactions, and exits. Annalise primarily works with clients in the life sciences and information technology industries. Annalise also co-chairs the firm’s Recruiting Committee.
Annalise received her Bachelor of Arts in political science from UNC Chapel Hill, graduating Phi Beta Kappa. She was a Chancellors’ Scholar at UNC School of Law, where she received her J.D. with High Honors, and is a member of the Order of the Coif. During law school, Annalise served as a staff member and Symposium Editor of the North Carolina Law Review and received the Harry Bane Award for Academic Excellence: Outstanding Writing Prize.
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers Securities & Corporate Finance – Rising Star (2022, 2023)
- Represented technology company in its SAFE financing and subsequent $4 million Series A Preferred Stock financing.
- Served as investor counsel in series of convertible note investments of over $100 million in west-coast company.
- Represented local biotechnology startup in its $1 million Series Seed Preferred Stock financing.
- Served as outside general counsel to early-stage companies in formation, equity compensation and financing matters.
- Represented university spinout in its formation, corporate restructuring and multiple series of preferred equity financings.