Annalise is a corporate attorney practicing in the firm’s Emerging Companies and Mergers & Acquisitions practice groups. Her practice focuses on advising businesses and investors in a variety of areas, including general corporate law, early-stage financing and venture capital, securities law, strategic transactions, and exits.
Annalise received her Bachelor of Arts in political science from UNC Chapel Hill, graduating Phi Beta Kappa. She was a Chancellors’ Scholar at UNC School of Law, where she received her J.D. with High Honors, and is a member of the Order of the Coif. During law school, Annalise served as a staff member and Symposium Editor of the North Carolina Law Review and received the Harry Bane Award for Academic Excellence: Outstanding Writing Prize.
- Represented technology company in its SAFE financing and subsequent $4 million Series A Preferred Stock financing.
- Served as investor counsel in series of convertible note investments of over $100 million in west-coast company.
- Represented local biotechnology startup in its $1 million Series Seed Preferred Stock financing.
- Served as outside general counsel to early-stage companies in formation, equity compensation and financing matters.
- Represented university spinout in its formation, corporate restructuring and multiple series of preferred equity financings.