Brian is the leader of the firm’s Investment Funds practice group. He regularly advises clients on their investments in private companies and venture capital and private equity funds and co-investments. He also advises private companies and private investment funds in matters ranging from initial formation and general corporate and regulatory matters to financings and mergers & acquisitions.
Brian earned his law degree with high honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is a member of the Order of the Coif. He was a published member of the North Carolina Law Review and later served as the Publication Editor. Before law school, Brian spent two years working for a major international accounting firm in New York City. Brian graduated with highest distinction from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with undergraduate degrees in Business Administration and Psychology.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business Law (2017), Young Guns (2018)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Triangle ArtWorks Lawyer’s Action Committee
- YMCA of the Triangle – Youth Basketball Coach
- West Raleigh Baseball – Assistant Coach
- Preparing Your Business Records for a Financing or M&A Transaction
- Client Alert: SEC Approves Rules Governing Federal Crowdfunding
- Client Alert: JOBS Act Could Increase Access to Capital for Emerging Growth Companies
- Client Alert: Reauthorization of SBIR Program Allows Access for Venture-Backed Companies