Brian practices in the areas of capital markets, mergers & acquisitions, venture capital, and corporate law. He advises companies and venture capital and private equity funds in matters ranging from initial formation and general corporate matters to financings and mergers & acquisitions.
Brian earned his law degree with high honors from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and is a member of the Order of the Coif. He was a published member of the North Carolina Law Review and later served as the Publication Editor. Before law school, Brian spent two years working for a major international accounting firm in New York City. Brian graduated with highest distinction from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill with undergraduate degrees in Business Administration and Psychology.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business Law (2017), Young Guns (2018)
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Triangle ArtWorks Lawyer’s Action Committee
- Represented leading healthcare and life sciences investment fund in $25 million Series A Preferred Stock investment in a Swiss company developing treatments for central nervous system disorders
- Represented wearable AI technology startup in $3 million Series Seed financing
- Represented wireless telecom startup in $25 million Series B financing
- Represented corporate venture capital investor in $12 million preferred stock investment in a structure-based drug discovery platform company
- Represented public-company investor in a $50 million investment in a healthcare and technology venture capital fund
- Represented one of the largest independent alternative asset managers in a $7 million real estate co-investment in a portfolio of commercial real estate properties
- Represented one of the largest independent alternative asset managers in a $96 million private equity co-investment in a leading provider of packaging machinery solutions
- Represented a leading financial services company in a $26 million private equity co-investment in a regional chain of fast food restaurants
- Represented a leading financial services company in the structuring and formation of private equity co-investment funds
- Represented leading healthcare and life sciences investment fund in the structuring and formation of co-investment funds