Christie is a member of the firm’s Corporate practice group. She focuses primarily on mergers and acquisitions, representing corporate and private equity clients in M&A transactions on both the buy-side and sell-side. Christie also regularly represents investment funds in co-investments and fund investments. To round out her corporate practice, Christie serves as outside counsel to emerging companies and assists with private equity and venture capital financings, commercial contracts, and general corporate matters.
Christie has experience representing clients of a variety of sizes and in a variety of industries, including software and technology, life sciences, biotechnology, financial services, and waste management.
Christie received her J.D., magna cum laude and Order of the Coif, from Wake Forest University School of Law. She received her B.S. in Business Administration from Kenan-Flagler Business School at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. During law school, Christie served as an editor of the Wake Forest Law Review.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Young Guns (2022)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers Mergers & Acquisitions – Rising Star (2022, 2023)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Wake County Bar Association
- Meritas Women’s Leadership Congress Designee
- Represented mortgage-focused data and analytics technology company in $192 million sale to publicly-traded title insurance company
- Represented publicly-traded medical technology company in strategic acquisition of medical device company
- Represented data analytics company in sale to international exchange holding company
- Served as outside counsel to local technology company in $12 million Series B Preferred Stock financing
- Represented healthcare marketing and advertising company in sale to global marketing and communications company
- Represented workflow management software company in sale to private equity firm