Dan’s practice focuses on the representation of private and public technology and life science companies in a broad range of commercial matters, with particular expertise in transactions involving intellectual property. Much of his practice is devoted to negotiating and drafting corporate partnering agreements and other complex technology transactions. He has experience negotiating and documenting IP transactions, such as licensing agreements, manufacturing and supply arrangements, international distribution agreements, research, development and commercialization collaborations, and other strategic alliances. He also works closely with the firm’s corporate attorneys on mergers, acquisitions, and spin-outs to structure the transfer and protection of technology and intellectual property assets.
Dan received a B.A. from the University of South Florida and a J.D. from Syracuse University College of Law. While in law school, Dan worked in the Technology Transfer Research Center at Syracuse, where he advised large, medium and small companies, universities, and federal laboratories regarding the development and commercialization of new technologies.
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- Council for Entrepreneurial Development
- Co-Chair, Triangle Chapter of the Licensing Executives Society
- Represented global pharmaceutical company in a collaboration involving the generation of antibodies and the licensing of associated intellectual property
- Represented investor in $100,000,000 pharmaceutical product financing transaction
- Represented bank in the negotiation of agreements for the in-licensing of critical technology infrastructure provided to it on a SaaS basis
- Represented diagnostic company in a collaboration with a large diagnostic company involving the development and commercialization of diagnostics
- Represented pharmaceutical company in cross-border collaboration involving the licensing of its product to a development and commercialization partner in China;
- Represented digital therapeutics company in a development and commercialization transaction to develop a digital therapeutic for depression;
- Represented pharmaceutical company in collaboration with European partner for the development and commercialization of its product in Europe
- Represented investor in $70,000,000 pharmaceutical product financing transaction
- Represented numerous companies in the licensing of technologies from universities