Jimmy’s practice focuses on corporate transactions such as mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, reorganizations, and joint ventures. In addition, he represents both investors and companies in private equity transactions. Jimmy has been with the firm since 1980. He is managing partner of the firm.
Jimmy graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. He received his J.D., also from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- Named to Business North Carolina’s inaugural Power List (May 2021)
- Listed among The Best Lawyers in America: Corporate Law (2008-2022)
- Listed among North Carolina Super Lawyers for Mergers & Acquisitions (2006-2013)
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Business Law (2005, 2006, 2009, 2010); Corporate Counsel (2005, 2013)
- Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (2017)
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- North Carolina Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Wake County Bar Association
- North Carolina State Bar
- American Red Cross-Triangle Area Chapter: Past Chairman of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, Finance Committee, and Governance Committee