Jennifer practices in the areas of commercial real estate and finance. She represents clients through all phases of commercial real estate transactions, from acquisition and financing to development, leasing, and disposition. She has particular experience working with developers of office, mixed-use, and multifamily projects and represents both landlords and tenants in commercial office, industrial, and retail leasing. She has also represented financial institutions in foreclosure proceedings, loan workouts, and dispositions of REO property.
Jennifer attended the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill as a Morehead Scholar and graduated Phi Beta Kappa and with distinction with a B.A. degree in Political Science and English. She received her J.D. with honors from the University of North Carolina School of Law. While in law school, Jennifer was the Managing Editor of the North Carolina Law Review and was a recipient of the Gressman-Pollitt Award for oral advocacy. Directly following law school, Jennifer clerked for the Honorable William L. Osteen, Jr., at the District Court for the Middle District of North Carolina. Prior to joining the firm, she practiced for several years in the litigation group of an international law firm and in the commercial real estate group of a North Carolina law firm.
- Listed among Business North Carolina Magazine Legal Elite: Real Estate (2019, 2020, 2022, 2024)
- Listed as a North Carolina Super Lawyers “Rising Star” in Real Estate (2017-2019)
- Urban Land Institute
- North Carolina Bar Association Real Property Section
- Leadership North Carolina Class XXII
- Habitat for Humanity of Wake County Volunteer
- North Carolina Master Chorale
- Represented investors in $3.5 million acquisition and financing of a multi-tenant medical office building.
- Represented multinational waste management corporation in the acquisition of landfill and operational sites in connection with $84 million asset and equity purchase.
- Represented local developer in $4.5 million acquisition and financing of ground lease interests for redevelopment project.
- Negotiated lease assignments and related real estate documentation in connection with family entertainment company’s $2.3 million asset acquisition of eleven indoor trampoline park facilities.
- Advised North Carolina bank on real estate issues in connection with multiple branch acquisitions and sales throughout the southeastern U.S.